How to Sell Your Items at Collage
Our goal at COLLAGE Designer Consignment in Vestavia Hills, Alabama is to provide high quality apparel and accessories at prices much lower than the general marketplace. Because our customers expect the highest standard of quality and style from COLLAGE, we must be exceptionally selective in the merchandise we accept on consignment.
How Do I Consign With COLLAGE?
- BROWSE the store to see the type of merchandise COLLAGE carries.
- PREPARE your items by laundering or dry cleaning the garments, eliminating or repairing those with stains, missing buttons, broken zippers and moth holes.
- MAY 2020 during COVID-19 – Watch the How to Consign During COVID-19 video on our Collage Facebook page for temporary procedures on how to bring your items to Collage. Appointments are required and limit is 25 of your BEST items. Call 205-822-3991 to make your appointment. All clothing must be FRESHLY LAUNDERED, hung on hangers with a disposable dress bag over them and our contract and your name, phone number and email address clearly written. All shoes and accessories must be sealed in a box or bag and also labelled. We will donate what we cannot use unless it is a high ticket item and then we will notify you if we can’t accept it for the sales floor. More details in the video. (After COVID-19 >>>BRING your items in on hangers between 11:00 am and 4:00 pm Monday – Friday without appointment or other times by appointment on the weekdays or weekends and COLLAGE will do the rest! We are open Sundays, too from noon – 4pm.)
What Can I Consign?
FOR THE GUYS: Collage accepts mens items that are current styles and in perfect condition regardless of age. Currently we don’t accept suits or pants but we do accept items you would wear for date night, game day and business casual. We love the accessories like briefcases, cologne, cufflinks, bowties, SHOES, suspenders, watches, wallets and gifts that were never really ‘you’.
FOR THE GIRLS: Collage accepts ladies’ professional, casual and formal wear as well as accessories including shoes, purses and perfume. Most of our jewelry is new, but we may accept unique pieces and certainly designer pieces like John Hardy and Louis Vuitton to specialty brands like Chico’s and J Jill. Collage also has a special Curvy Girl department for sizes 16 and up and maintains the largest selection of plus sizes in the Birmingham consignment industry and maintains around 1000 long gowns in inventory.
Items presented must be:
- Better brands like Anthropologie and boutique brands to designer brands like Louis Vuitton and Chanel
- In season and in style
- Less than 2 years old or current styles that people wear today
- Pressed and on hangers
- Clean, PERFECT condition
- Jan – Feb Transitional Spring & Prom/Pageant
- Mar – Jun Summer, Resort & MOTB Gowns
- Jul – Aug Transitional Fall (lighweight), Sorority & Game Day
- Sep – Dec Winter, Leather, Holiday, Furs & Cocktail
- Items are consigned for 60 days.
- Very expensive items such as furs must be covered by your insurance before they will be accepted on consignment.
- Items dropped off that COLLAGE cannot use will be donated after 3 days if not picked up.
- You receive 50% on items that sell for $100 or more and 40% on items that sell for less than $100.
- If your account balance is under $30, you can get cash or use it as store credit anytime at either location of Collage. Checks will be issued on account balances over $30 which can be picked up on or after the 15th of each month or mailed on request.
- New accounts will be charged a $20 setup fee out of the first consignment check (no out-of-pocket cost).